Lovestruck
Apparently, HATE CAN really turn into LOVE. At least for dogs. Whereas Gordo would bark and growl at the new puppy, he couldn't seem to get enough of Lizzie last weekend. He would follow her around, lick her face, and even give up his food for the unaffected pup. It was as bizarre as watching an animal version of Romeo and Juliet.
Any mommy would feel 'empty nest' pangs as did I. Gordo had always been the one to wake me up at 5 in the morning whatever day it was. Last Friday, he started spending the night with Lizzie at the doghouse. Whenever any member of the family would come home, Gordo had always been there to greet us, tail wagging and drool dripping all over our shoes. Last Friday, there was none of that. Only a brief tail wagging episode and then off to his lady love.
And so I resolve to just let go. Let Gordo have his happiness as will I someday. I have often thought he'd be there with me, when I finally move to a far off place and set-up roots. However, he seems to have outgrown me, and found his own happiness. It's hard to be dumped by a guy, but a dog, harder still.
Sigh.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home