Holy Week-inspired Random Thoughts
I've been stressed lately, having just assumed a new position at the office which started my debating career opportunities. To top this all off, a few friends are emailing almost every other day about this or that reunion, as one of my college pals will be getting married [another one bites the dust, hehehe] in April while my former colleagues in my first job, one of whom lives in New Zealand while the other in Scotland, will be coming home in May. Things at the home front aren't any better, especially since we started filing cases against the Discipline Office of the university where me and my siblings graduated.
I can't complain though, as I am looking forward to next week's holidays for a 'reflective' R&R. While the rest of the country go off to the beach or to Baguio (the country's summer capital), I'd like to stay home with 10% of the population who choose the city at this time for its relative calm, conducive for meditating and religious contemplation. Yep, I did say the 'R' word, as most people who know me do not find me religious at all. I rarely go to mass nor attend bible studies despite the persistence of some of my friends. Believe it or not, I do pray, and I find that the holy week is the best time for prayer especially since there are no distractions from work and city has become a veritable ghost town.
At the start of each prayer, I normally say thank you for the blessings I've been given as well as experiences I've had, whether good or bad. Afterwhich, I pray for problems to be lifted or dreams to be realized. Next week, I know I'll be praying for:
1. my brother's case, that it will be resolved soon so that my brother can attain closure and go on with his life
2. career enlightenment (more about this at a later time)
3. my family's health, especially my mom's
4. others in need
On a lighter note, the holy week usually signals that our dog Gordo will turn one year older. Last year, Good Friday fell on his birthday, the 7th of April, so we did not get to celebrate it the way we planned, with balloons and all. This year, however, when he turns 2 (in human years), there'll definitely be more food and gifts to open. My family and I, we're a looney bunch, yessiree. Since none of my siblings will be getting married soon, I guess Gordo has secured his position as the 'baby' in the family.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home