Why I may never marry...
My mom called a little before lunch today to announce that Gordo has finally taken a bath. He hasn't bathed in two weeks, although he still smells like the flea powder we put on him on his most recent date with soap and water. He has taken to hiding behind furniture though, as soon as he sees anyone preparing his bath stuff especially the pail of water.
Lately, I've also been noticing that he likes staying under the dining room table while someone is eating. This has been his favorite spot, considering our family eats at different times and there is almost always someone at the dining room table.
And even though he always gets a small portion of meat under the dining room table courtesy of family members who have been told not to give him human food, he still loves munching on his dog food for as long as one puts something tasty like a small piece of hotdog or beef. This is the reason I have been doing my grocery almost weekly -- for his food!
Anyways, I just thought about how time flies and how he has lost his baby-ish characteristics. Now I think of him more as a naughty kid who is almost always hiding some rotten thing he has done, whether it be mail that has been shred to pieces, or pee stains where there shouldn't be pee stains. He can also be sweet, following you around like a shadow upon your return home, and licking your face first thing in the morning for that fresh, I've just-washed-my-face-with-dog-saliva feeling before the requisite shower.
When you've got Gordo, you really have a kid and boyfriend rolled in one. Which may explain my current state of contentment. Weekends are entirely devoted to him, and work at the office is forgotten when I'm met at our gate by an overly excited, tail-wagging Gordo.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home