Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, April 01, 2005

Fiction or Non-fiction

Girl: Thanks for having lunch with me and getting me to this cafe I've never heard of.
Girl Friend: No problem. Will be leaving now. Good luck on your meeting.
Girl: I am really nervous...
Girl Friend: You'll get over it.

Girl goes inside cafe, looks around at the plush interiors and thinks, 'Do I have enough cash to get anything here?'
Girl goes to bathroom first to comb hair that has tangled up, much like the girl's intestines at that very hour. Girl goes up the second floor of the cafe, orders the cheapest coffee ('At 79 pesos, this must come free with jewelry!') and waits for the Guy.

After ten minutes, Guy comes in.

Guy: Oh, you are here already. Great. I'll order myself coffee first, if it's ok. Would you want something else?
Girl: I'm fine with my coffee.

Guy orders himself a cup of joe, with muscovado sugar, and a glass of water on the side. While waiting for his order, Guy and Girl do small talk. Guy mentions his food business, and his kid who is going to the same college as Girl.

Guy: I just came back from Singapore. Actually, it was there I got a text message that you won't be joining us. I asked right away if I can speak with you.
Girl: I actually had a hard time making the decision. When I gave my letter, I was asked to reconsider. I was offerred the same as what we discussed earlier, and requested to stay given that the unit is still smarting from a similar event previously, and that the remaining people are fairly new.
Guy: I'll tell you what happened to me when I was in the same boat years before...

Guy gives details on his own life story.

Guy: I know you are a reader, have you read 'Who Moved My Cheese?'
Girl: No sir, I'm more of a fiction girl.
Guy: I'll look for my copy and ask [common friend] to give it to you...

Guy couldn't resist and gives gist of the story/book. Guy is definitely pulling out all the stops.

Guy: I know you'll have a great future with us. I want to make my people happy... I'll try to have a new package prepared for you given the new circumstances.
Girl: I'll think about everything, sir. Thank you!
Guy: No, thank you.

Guy and Girl shake hands.

END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home