Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, February 11, 2005

The Cat's Out of the Bag

My boss has announced she will be resigning, effective March. Shocked, my team mates and I who gathered in the conference room with her supposedly for a goal-setting session, could hardly react.

I have been with her since 1999, when we both started in the IT industry. I have come to see her as a friend and mentor, and admittedly learned most of what management skills I have from her. Her leaving will surely put a dent in the company, as she definitely shaped the way things are done through implementing policies and monitoring tools.

An officemate approached me at lunch confirming the news, and she remarked that this coming and going was really unavoidable especially in the IT industry. I replied that even though I hear about people leaving almost every month since November of last year, you only get to realize the implications of employee resignations when the person resigning is someone close to you.

I guess we've nothing left to do but roll with the punches. To the God of Bad Timing, have mercy. =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home