Objects of Desire
Recently, I've been reading up on the items that will hit the stores these coming months for kicks. No purchases are planned as I am on a crusade to save up for my midyear projects, i.e., send out my second application for migration, pay insurance, and add more money in the existing time deposit. So here are my latest objects of desire:
1. The new Mac mini. At 6.5 square inches and 2 inches thick, this handy alternative to PC users can manage one's multimedia needs from managing music, editing digital photos, playing DVDs and organizing one's calendar. Weighing 2.9 lbs, it can easily be transferred from room to room depending upon the function required. The best news is yet to come: an article at the Manila Bulletin mentions that this will be released at a very affordable Php 39,188!
2. The Motorola V3 RAZR. Ever since I switched to Motorola, I've been very interested in the newer cellphones they are promoting. I looked up the features of the RAZR and was impressed: with a durable camera, Bluetooth, high resolution (some critic wrote it has the best screen among the phones out today), and fashionable metal finish, this clamshell squeezes it all in an ultra-thin body. Perfect for carrying around without bulking up the pocket, although I would say its current price definitely contributes to the bulge-free pocket.
3. O2Optix Contact Lenses. Last October, I bought a new pair of Korean-made lenses because I was enticed by the introductory gift, a small compact containing tubes for the cleaner, the lens container, and tweezers. The lenses came with a new solution I absolutely loved as it did not sting my eyes. After a month, I noticed there are times when portion of my right lens seems cloudy [due perhaps to trapped air -- I prefer thick lenses as I keep throwing out torn ones]. The O2Optix lenses have the highest oxygen transmissibility per articles I've read. Would like to know how thick they actually are as these may yet again add to the list of lenses I avoid because they cannot stand my obsessive cleaning methods!
4. Subscription to Mega Magazine. I just discovered this last December when I bought around six old issues in a sale. Love the articles and layout. Plus I keep seeing old high school classmates in its pages -- yep, some of them have gone out of their cocoons and turned into society belles!
5. A Series of Unfortunate Events. My brother was telling me about this book months before and apparently, it is only available in hard bound up to now. With the movie coming out though, I hope they issue a paper back version.
So I am a cheapskate -- well if you read the beginning of this piece, I already mentioned I'm saving money for other things.
Oh well.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home