Dream Jobs
When I was in grade school, I had already set my mind to becoming a lawyer. I loved books and reading and thought I could really excel in the profession that values learning. Even if I feared going to trial because that would mean standing in front of a judge and other lawyers, I knew I could fake confidence just as I had done in school when we were asked to recite something in front of the class or discuss a lesson.
However, circumstances led me to my first job as a College Lecturer. I enjoyed this job for almost two years, especially the preparation of lesson plans and checking of papers. I also loved hearing feedback from the students themselves such as when they realize the value of a concept from the lesson to everyday life.
After two years though, I felt the need to explore career options and submitted all sorts of resumes [a good tip I received was to tailor-fit your resume to the advertised job opening] to a wide range of industries. Luckily, I got two call backs, one from my current company and another from a pre-need company.
I actually worked for one month in the pre-need company before I decided that I wanted to be in the IT industry. And so I transferred and landed my current profession.
Although I enjoy currently working with computers and performing analysis of application systems, I couldn't help but think about dream jobs outside of IT:
1. Librarian - I find library work very enticing because one gets to spend a great amount of time among books [I am a book worm, so sue me]. I often joke, not without basis though, that I will probably take up library science when I settle abroad and work in a huge library with modern facilities.
2. Museum Display Coordinator - Apart from books I also love interesting artifacts and art. I would seriously welcome any job in a museum, most especially that which involves conceptualizing and carrying out plans for museum displays. Remember those dioramas at the Ayala Museum which we visited in high school? They're sort of what I have in mind but in a larger scale.
3. Personal Shopper - The ultimate fantasy job for any woman! Shopping for a living is like taking a kid in a candy store, the only difference is that for a woman, the activity itself is the reward. I also think that shopping is the only exercise where a woman cannot feel fatigue.
The absolute best shopping places are those that sell bags, clothes, and of course, the bane of women, shoes. The fact that the goods will eventually go to the client makes the job a lot more enjoyable because one would never be burdened with the problem of having too many stuff to take home or paying for all the items.
4. Cashier at one of those 99cent stores. Working as a cashier in a relatively safe discount store is uncomplicated while quite rewarding. One does a no-brainer job while sitting comfortably and getting a good pay, not high but enough to get three meals a day as well as rent money. Some discount stores also offer perks such as a choice of freebies from unsold merchandise as well as lunch via the snack bar. A simple life yes, but wouldn't one aspire to be this than a bigshot somebody getting migraines and all sorts of health problems due to stress on a daily basis?
5. Floral stylist. Especially on a nice, small-sized flower shop at a friendly neighborhood. Being around flowers is quite calming while coming up with designs for floral centerpieces and holiday gifts seems fun. So why not combine both in a career!
Dare I ask what your dream jobs are?



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home