A new phone for the new year
I bought a new phone just before Christmas as there was a promo for a cute camera phone that took my fancy. Having been a Nokia user for so long, I am now in the process of learning to use a cellphone again now that I have a Motorola C651.
The first picture I took was of my dog Gordo. Weeks later, my phone is now filled with pictures of Gordo in various states: asleep on the mattress, sniffing around the room, lying ala nude actor with spreadeagled arms and legs, and basically being a dog. When I took a picture of an officemate, she kidded me my doing so seems insulting as her photo is kept alongside those of a pooch.
I also like the pre-installed games in the phone, most especially the one where you are a hairdresser following instructions to cut or style hair from your customer. The phone also has a user friendly calculator and datebook/calendar although its phonebook is difficult to manage in comparison to the one used in Nokia models. While tinkering with the settings last night, I noticed that it is also preset to work with Singtel and two other networks apart from its home network.
Basically, I am happy with this new handset, moreso at its affordable price considering it is a camphone. If I sound like an ad for Motorola, please note I am not connected to the company in any way. =) The Inquirer last Sunday, in one of its features on the hit gadgets of 2004, welcomed Motorola back as a player in the handset-making business. So there, I definitely am not alone in my discovery/rediscovery of mobile life beyond Nokia.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home