Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Ten Things

I figured with the rate things are going this first week of 2005, one would have to be optimistic more than usual to counter the bad news that keep pouring in from all sides of the globe.

So, to keep my spirits lifted, I came up with my top ten things that I love doing. I love

1. Opening and wearing a fresh pair of stockings. They are uncomplicated, unmarred by snags or runs, and feel silky against the skin. They're the kind you'd want to marry, harhar.

2. Reading email from friends abroad. Technology at its best, getting email from across our borders open one's mind to the other side of the world. I especially love their comments about everyday things like food, where to go, and such.

3. Buying shoes. This is part of the feminine mystique, I guess. Shoes are for women as gadgets are for men. Finding a nice, comfortable pair, at a good price brings a certain joy that cannot be described in words. During the previous holidays, I was able to buy three pairs that I love wearing on casual Fridays and Saturdays (to break them in). One pair is hands-down my favorite, in the color white with small holes at the top portion that complement the light blue ribbon near the edge of the opening and with kitty heels.

4. Sleeping through the weekend. I think I have outgrown the phase where I need to be at the malls or somewhere outside of the house on weekends. Saturdays and Sundays for me are reserved for lazing around the sala and garden, not doing much and sleeping, sleeping, sleeping.

5. Walking through a dimly lit cafe inside our office building before getting a ride home. I love this part of the day where my mind is filled with thoughts of home while looking through the wide windows of the cafe and seeing all the people going out of their offices.

6. Having tea before bedtime. Tea does relax and the ritual of preparing hot water and pouring it on to the cup with a waiting tea bag always seems comforting. Someone gifted our family with a nice box of tea bags last Christmas and I thoroughly enjoy the wonderful chamomile tea with just a hint of honey.

7. Receiving paychecks. A truly enjoyable time for us working class world-wide. In my case, seeing a certain amount credited to my ATM account brings excitement and a feeling of gratitude I still have a job considering others have lost theirs or are looking for one.

8. Listening to music when I can't sleep. My current obsession is Kitchie Nadal, whose voice is a soothing version of Princessa (Monica Capel Cruz), a Spanish singer whom I also love.

9. Writing blogs. Yep, this one is quite obvious from my now regular blog writing habit. I am a writer by heart even if my career choice hides this fact.

10. Reading blogs. I also snoop around other people's blogs, getting insights on what they are writing about and how their blogs look like. I love those that contain personal yet everyday stories that seem quite random but often mean something for them to be written about.

Come up with your own top ten and I guarantee you'll smile by the last item on your list! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home