Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, January 14, 2005

My subconscious speaks

I've been having weird dreams lately, to the point that I wake up disoriented about where I am and what day it is. The funny thing is that my dreams always seem to be some sort of action-adventure film where I and a couple of friends are looking for something of value and end up going to a person who tells us the thing is either lost or cannot be retrieved. In one dream, that person was Brad Pitt!

The only explanation I have for my Brad Pitt dream is that I had watched Ocean's Twelve and was thinking about how much this actor changed physically. Recently at the office, his name also came up when a friend shared that he and Jennifer Aniston are going through a divorce, which surprised me because they were Hollywood's Golden Couple.

As for the rest of the dreams, I find no rhyme nor reason for them and could not for the life of me recall in detail each one. I read somewhere that dreams that are difficult to recall are more likely to be premonitions than anything else, so hopefully, I remember just enough to be warned about whatever it is that is coming.

But going back to the central theme of my dreams, I looked up what it might mean and found this:

Digging up buried treasure or finding money symbolises rediscovering a part of yourself. Is there something that you have neglected or repressed? It could be that you had an ambition in life and only now have found the opportunity to try again. There may be a wealth of past experiences that you can draw on- something from your childhood perhaps?

The dream may also have a literal interpretation. If you're worried about finances, now may be the time to start a new venture. The dream may symbolise other things too: power, independence, or security. Examine your life- there may be unlooked-for opportunities just below the surface.

ASK YOURSELF:
1. What am I searching for? The treasure of your dream may symbolise the things that you've always wanted from life They may not necessarily be material but the dream may suggest that now is the time when you are searching your heart to discover what you really want from life.
2. Is the treasure part of me? The treasure may symbolise you as a complete and whole person. Maybe something that has hitherto been neglected or repressed is surfacing again in your life. An artistic talent, positive attitude, self-respect or opportunity perhaps.

This really makes me wonder about whether the goals that I have established for myself this year as well as my current mindset are making their way into my subconscious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home