Summer Must Haves
I feel a little lost today, having started the day with an emotionally draining meeting. Drama + Early morning without having had coffee = Disaster. Hopefully, the Bubba Gump mudpie a few friends and I will be having this lunch will more than make up for the double D.
Try as I might, I can't shake the nagging feeling I've disappointed this person I met with. Sometimes, life does that to you -- put you in a corner where you are forced to 'go to the mattresses' as what the Godfather and Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail says. Just this once I want to do the saying goodbye part right. For most of you not in the know, all this will become clear in the near future. So humor me while I digress to seemingly meaningless babble.
Moving on, I discovered I just will not survive this summer without the new Zesto Lemon Ice Tea. My brother and I bought two boxes last night, and placed the foil packs in the freezer. This morning, when I got one to drink, the cool semi-bitter tea really hit the spot.
Other things that will tide me over this summer are:
1. Mom's aircon. I don't have one in my room so I've been spending the night at mom's room for restful slumber. However, our electric bill has hit the roof so this can be a plus or minus for you.
2. Headbands, hair clips, scrunchies, you get the picture. My hair has grown long so I've been accumulating hair accessories to keep it off my face and nape.
3. CSI (Las Vegas) and CSI NY. Noontime Sundays are more bearable because of reruns of these two shows. When we are too lazy to leave the house, we lock ourselves in my mom's room and watch TV. Isn't it weird that watching other people tinker with dead bodies has become this engaging?
4. Salami sandwiches. Weekends are a pain especially if one has to cook in scorching heat. To cope, my brother and I have been relying on salami sandwiches for sustenance. As an added benefit, sandwiches equal healthier eating for us as we've started steering away from heavy rice meals.
5. Water delivery service. Since the beginning of April, our neighborhood has been experiencing periods where water would not flow from the taps. Horror of horrors! We have joined the ranks of other places in Metro Manila experiencing the water shortage. So we got out our reliable directory and called the water delivery service to fill-up our tank. And because there are only three people at home plus one stay-out helper, this arrangement is not as costly as it may seem.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home