Tis the Season for Parties
Homebody that I am, I had the experience of attending 2 parties and fielding a couple of invitations for lunch as apparently, it is the custom here at the new office to be treated to some form of meal in exchange for holiday gifts.
I have come up with credible excuses when declining invitations from those who mean well but have (1) bad timing or (2) aren't really that close to me and whose greetings are enough [read: users or S.O.'s who do not experience the difficulties of getting on a service or cab at 9PM in Makati]:
There are the sincere declines,
'I have a previous commitment, so sorry. But thanks for the invite and merry christmas to your family!'
the mysterious ones,
'Sorry can't attend. Thanks.'
the cliffhangers,
'Will check. I think I have something on that date, but I will try.'
the you-just-missed-the-deadline-for-bookings,
'I said yes to my [fill in the blank: college friends, ex-officemates, balikbayan relatives] who I'll be meeting that same time. '
the medical excuses,
'I have a rash/blister/sudden unexplainable illness that's killing me, got to [fill in the blank: go back to the office, go home] early.'
to the totally ridiculous,
'I think I have a feeling my dog needs me, so I need to [fill in the blank].'
Let's just hope nobody from the new office reads this.



1 Comments:
hmm, so ano kaya ang ginamit mo dun sa former office invite? ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home