Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, October 14, 2005

Sequel to The Boss

I had the interesting experience of rating my job performance for my permanency this week. The current boss gave me the rating sheet and asked me to answer it as I consider my accomplishments to date.

As I made a list of what I had done these past six months to assess myself, I marvelled at how I never noticed it has been that long since I transferred jobs. In a way I felt relieved that the worst part of starting over is through, as I now start to feel good about my job knowledge and the slightly different work environment.

I still feel a nagging sense to leave though, especially after the boss mentioned he will be pushing my promotion next year. I feel trapped, knowing I have the makings of a good career here, yet wanting to go through with plans to migrate. I have set my mind to establishing a new life elsewhere, but the ties here continue to grow.

Anyway, I have finally set my mind to hiring a lawyer for my migration to country B (as opposed to my do-it-yourself approach to country A) courtesy of a friend's recommendation. Over the weekend I think I'll try to come up with a Pros and Cons list to evaluate both. To start the list though, here are what I have researched so far:

COUNTRY A
Pros
1. Very first world; nearer the Land of Milk and Honey for Pinoys
2. Where mom's cousin lives
3. Free healthcare
4. Stable economy
5. Greater peso value to currency (for sending money back to the Phils.)

Cons
1. Extremely cold weather year round
2. High cost of living
3. Becoming increasingly crowded, with almost 10M Pinoys in one city alone

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correct! Depends on the city rin...

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

has something for everyone. Come on by and check it out soon Enjoy. :)

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home