Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, September 19, 2005

Spring cleaning in September

Will go on leave tomorrow, yey! For those wondering why, well tough luck. I am definitely going to go home early this afternoon.

Saturday was spent shopping, yet again, for a nice storage cabinet for VCDs. We found one at ACE Hardware, although it was made of hard plastic instead of our planned wooden cabinet. We had to get rid of a lot of disks (which we are selling courtesy of our stay-out helper), but were able to store five drawers of twenty-eight VCDs each. Our criteria for retaining those we did was that if they were (1) original VCDs and (2) worth keeping -- no Bruce Lee and Jet Li movies please.

I also had to spruce up my room with the old metal rack which previously stored the VCDs. It held a lot of my shoes quite nicely, so I got rid of the cloth shoe organizer hanging off my ceiling. Along with the organizer came quite a number of shoes gathering dust, which I will ask some relatives to choose from before donating them to our helper. I am looking for nice boxes to store my new pairs, as the ones they came in are a sight for sore eyes if you know what I mean. Anyway, I browsed one magazine that showed these plastic see-through containers that can store one pair each and were very nice neatly stacked one on top of the other. If only they were available here and I had the space.

The best part about cleaning my room was finding space at the top of my closet for some items I only needed once or twice a year. I was debating getting rid of some of ex's gifts but gave in to sentiment and stored them atop the closet as well. At least now I can browse through his box without feeling anything, which is a good thing after almost 5 years of going through the 'mourning' stage.

When things become more stable financially, we are planning to build a second floor on top of the library for my brother and I. While this will not be in the near future, I look forward to designing the interiors and getting my own bathroom (which I currently share with mom). At this point, I am thinking of having a green-themed room, which will go nicely with the new curtains I bought on sale just this August.

First things first, though. I will definitely maximize this coming December trip and eat at the good restaurants, take lots of pictures, and have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home