Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, April 21, 2005

My current state of mind: images of the future

I met a gorgeous guy enroute to the office today, with green eyes that seem they did not come from plastic [contact lenses]. He asked if he was on the right fx, given that the one we were on passed by a different route that what other regular service fx's used. I stuttered my answer, as I was thinking whether this guy was for real. He thanked me and we went about looking everywhere else other than looking at each other.

This is about the closest thing I've gotten to a man-woman romantic relationship nowadays, which although quite pathetic, is also about the only type of man-woman romantic relationship I can accommodate due to my ever growing list of tasks relative to my goal to (1) lodge my second application for migration and (2) transfer to another company. Great.

I remember watching this episode of Gilmore Girls where Lorelai Gilmore, the main character who is a single mom to a college student, saw a cat in her front porch and thought this was a sure sign of her impending spinsterhood. She called her daughter who was in her dorm, mentioning it was probably time for her [Lorelai] to start buying cat food and balls of yarn.

With me however, change cat image to dog, instead of cat food and balls of yarn purchase dog food and frisbees -- without the kid, you have a perfect match.

Which brings me to what is so great about my long-term plans I am not bothered by a boyfriend or lack thereof. I guess it boils down to aiming for a better lifestyle than what I have. I want the relaxed work hours of the country I'm targetting. I want to travel and discover Europe and Africa. I also want to be able to not think about how my salary will fit the month's budget. And lastly, I want to write a book of essays and children's literature -- J.K. Rowling watch out.

Hopefully, my friends who want the same achieve these dreams with me so we can enjoy life a little better. I expect we'll keep in touch even though I am transferring: Ciel, Dahvee, Cel, Willyn, Joy, Cristy and Cecille!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home