Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ickly Me

I was sick (or ill, as my old college professor preferred it) for most part of the long weekend and have only now recovered. I caught the flu going around the office and did my part by infecting those at home with the virus. Now my mom has been coughing like mad.

At work, it seems the transfer to Treasury has been shelved so I remain where I am, with my users who are starting to grow on me. Just yesterday, we had a meeting at Seattle's Best and the two unit heads were very funny. Initially, we asked them to rank their projects while we listed them down. Of course, each item was numbered (1), and we remarked there seemed to be a problem with numbers here.

Apart from the mounting projects, I am also going to be busy with training. I will be attending one on July 11, although I am not looking forward to the commute as it will be in Ortigas! Regardless, I am thankful for this new addition to my resume.

Speaking of commuting, I have been having the worst problem getting home since classes began. Just last night, I waited one and a half hours for the service to arrive. It is exasperating to leave the office early, only to wait for that long to get on the actual transportation that will take you home. I am seriously tempted to get a car, although I am dreading the monthly payments and how this will affect my other plans.

My sister got one just months ago, and she's been going back and forth from her condo in Makati to her Alabang office with ease. She's saddled with the debt though, and the rising cost of gasoline is not helping. On a lighter note, brother mentioned my sister's driving inspires fear in him, especially when she swerves to overtake without looking to her right. Takes one careless driver to know one apparently.

This week I also received good news from two friends: one already received her visa while the other was invited to apply for migration. I hope to get another application for myself on the way seeing as there'll be no one left here.

Life goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home