Lilypie Baby Days

OLYMPE's turning ONE!
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Revenge of the Pointy Shoes

Yesterday, instead of breaking in my new pointy shoes from Manel's, it broke me. So before going home, I passed by Landmark to buy a new flat pair. I was able to get one at 399 pesos, and after I wore it, exchanging my current pair with this cute black number at the counter, it felt more than a 399 pair of shoes!

I have yet to wear the other pair I bought last weekend, but seeing as it had higher heels than the one I wore yesterday, I might put this off until I have the strength. Or until the weather cools a bit as it is difficult to balance on your heels while every pore of your body is sweating buckets.

Shoes are truly the bane of women. We can't seem to buy enough of them, and often buy pairs that are impractical but stylish. And while we balk at buying other necessities that have exorbitant price tags, we seem to develop selective blindness when looking at the price of a really beautiful pair of shoes. I guess there's a little bit of Imelda Marcos in all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home