Mathphobia
I am currently frustrated at being a mathphobe, especially since my work entails preparing functional specifications in relation to a loans system.
As such, I often have to provide examples of, horror of horrors, calculating loan repayments (I still haven't figured why payments are called 'repayments' even when you are only paying them once per date due) over specific tenors (the period when the amortization is completed; i.e., 12 months, 36 months, etc.) and with varying interest rates.
To further make things difficult for me, my users who are experts in all this are not too helpful. Which is understandable because they are bogged down with their day-to-day work [read: people queuing to take out loans].
I am definitely at my wit's end and have been browsing the net for any site that can tutor a mathematically-challenged gal like me. It has come to a point that I am ready to buy a college book on the subject, just so I can finish my specifications by next week.
At my age, you'd think I would have gotten over hating math. But it seems the hatred runs deep. Especially since I really get confused with numbers, even with the aid of calculators and spreadsheets.
Sigh. Just so you know, I took up Literature to get away from computations. Yet here I am suffering from what I avoided in college.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home