Little Brother Gets a Job
"Sis, I'm in Makati for my contract signing. Meet me later?"
"Sure! So you are signing with the call center? Congratulations!"
"Yep. Before I left, that stupid ad agency called, explaining why my application has been put on hold. "
"Okay, tell me more about it later."
My little brother has finally gotten a job, which was great since he had been going the rounds of the advertising agencies and other non-advertising related companies out of sheer desperation.
When he got an OJT at one particular ad agency, everyone there kept telling him to apply. Which he did, but apparently, there were budget cuts and one reason or the other prevented him from being hired even after having had a successful interview with his supposed boss.
Then he found out his friend and thesis-mate whose father knew the ad agency big boss got hired. He texted his teacher/mentor about it and the mentor replied, "It's not what you know, it's who you f___d!"
My brother texted back, "Who do I have to f___?"
After a long silence, the cellphone beeped a reply, "I guess you just were (f____d)."
If this is the kind of industry he was supposed to join, where FOBs [friends of the boss] got plum jobs and talented young people got nil, f___ them!
So little bro, congratulations! That ad agency didn't deserve you anyway.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home