The Adventures of Gordo
If my dog were a person, I guess he'd be some sort of a natural comedian. He is a magnet for mishaps that often turn into episodic fits of laughter for people in my house.
Gordo, funny dog that he is, loves to catch all kinds of insects, household pests, and the like -- anything that flies or crawls, he's onto it like ants on a piece of sugar. I would often tell my mom that we don't need Baygon in the house because nature provided us with the number one enemy of pests through our small bundle of fur.
Last September, he caught his first rat. Of course the people in the house freaked because the rat was bigger than his head -- plus he carried it like a prized toy. My mom called me at the office to recount the story and when I told her that Gordo could get rabies from the rat, she got really spooked!
The next day, lo and behold, another rat. This time, because the rat was a lot smaller, he would hold it down with one paw and wait for the thing to stop struggling. When the rat finally lies still, Gordo would take off his paw. But as soon as the rat tries to escape, he'd zoom across the yard and hold it down again with his paw then nudge it with his nose.
When my mom told me this story when I got home, she commented that one of Gordo's parents could have been a cat! Harhar. She also mentioned she washed the poor dog's mouth with soap to get rid of any rabies-causing virus that could have been caught on his whiskers.
Just recently, my mom and brother moved Gordo's house from the side of our own house to the back, near the perimeter wall. Because he would eat his meals inside his doghouse, the move resulted to funny incidents of him running to the side of the house to look for his food during mealtimes. I would often bring him breakfast and as soon as he hears our back gate open, he'd leap and proceed to the side of the house even when I had just placed the food container inside his newly located doghouse.
I never thought dogs could pass gas as well, until he did in our airconditioned room and the room smelled like garbage! What could be in his food [are there Alpo researchers out there?] that would result to something as foul as that smell, I wonder up to now.
I do look forward to seeing how this weird dog develops as he grows old.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home